Thursday, March 6, 2008

The EeePC and Schools

Having recently read a post on Hardman's Blogtastic Blog (don't you just love that name? :) ) I've been thinking...

The school I'm involved with has only recently bought aroud 12 brand spanking new Dell laptops. They're the kind of machines that I would be happy to use on a daily basis, let alone an entire gaggle (see what I did there?) of secondary school students, plus the teachers.

Imagine the savings that could be made by using technology such as the Eee PC! Having heard so many good first-hand reports about the new machines from friends of mine, it would be silly of me not to investigate it further... Now all I have to do is get my hands on one!

And one final thought - A whole host of these cheap and cheerful machines could also end up in a "one laptop per child" situation. hmmm...

Daniel

No comments: